Techniker Krankenkasse (TK) is a German Health insurance company. Having a health insurance is mandatory to be a student at the TU Braunschweig. It covers your medical bills in case you need any treatment during your stay here in Germany. If you are a resident of the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, or Switzerland, you usually have your European Health Insurance Card, that will cover most of the costs. If you are from another country, you will need to take care of your health insurance yourself.

TK is a partner of ESN Braunschweig and specialised on working with students. They are experienced in working with exchange students and have their bureau on the campus. All of the information material is available in at least German and English. If you have questions on the whole topic, you are welcome to contact them. Just click on the link below.